Over 90 years ago Jim Wagaman (son of Dr. Mitchell Wagaman) started a small machine shop located on Mathews Alley behind Foltz Mfg. Co. in Hagerstown, MD. A product line, one of them being the “Twirlit” paper hole punch was manufactured there. Upon arrival of WWII, machinery was retooled to run defense contracts for Fairchild also located in Hagerstown. This work kept Mitchell busy up into the mid-1950′s. About that time Jim retired from the day to day operations and Pete Wagaman, his brother, took over.

As defense work slowed, Mitchell began to diversify into new arenas, some of them being machined components for crane, heavy equipment, medical and electro-mechanical industries. In 1978 Mitchell moved into a new 6,000 sq. foot facility in Greencastle PA, soon after expanding to 7,500 sq. feet.  Throughout the 90′s and the 2000′s  Mitchell has invested heavily into modernizing it’s shop and expanding its services.